Wednesday 20 June 2012

Bovington Tank Museum

We have just spent an afternoon at Bovington Tank Museum in Bovington, Dorset. I went reluctantly in February for the first time. I have absolutely no interest in military (I come from a military background and have seen my fare share of beat and retreats and tanks) So when I arrived I thought I would be bored out of my mind.  How wrong can you be? It is a great day out for all the family. It costs £12 and £7.50 for 5-16 yr olds'

LBR resting on a bunk at the Tank Museum



















Example of quarters at the Tank Museum



















The boy's just ran around looking at the tanks and the size of them, the power etc. I just spent my time reading about how and why  they were made. The videos documentaries are excellent, really informative and child and mummy friendly.

LBR in his element at the Tank Museum



















The stories of heroism and bravery brought a tear to my eye!

Some of the exhibits at the Tank Museum















You can find the Bovington Tank Museum at: www.tankmuseum.org



The Tank Museum 
Bovington 
Dorset 
BH20 6JG 

No comments:

Post a Comment