Wednesday 22 August 2012

Writers Block, Wife, Mother, Domestic Slave.

I have writers block and have had it for the past 2 weeks.

Since starting this blog in May, I have really enjoyed the "Me Time" writing  has given me. Time where I think about the good and bad in my life, write about it and usually feel a darn site better than before I wrote it. A time away from the children (although I am usually writing about them) A time where I am not "Mummy" "Wife" "Domestic Slave", but a  thinking, breathing, human being and a whole entity all of my own.

So why the block? Their are a zillion boys clothes out there I could write about. I can't find inspiration. We have been on  trips to the New Forest, Bournemouth Beach, seen the fire works (I have written about them before) LBL is recovering well from his operation last week. LBR is being fabulous with him. The weather at last is great, hence the trips to the beach and yet no inspiration.



I have had great enjoyment in learning a new craft, namely New Media. How to write this blog. Tags, labels, search descriptions. How to promote it. Its been a long time since I learnt something new.  How does Google + and twitter link to the blog? A whole fabulous mind field. Yet I haven't so much as opened my twitter account and can't be bothered to even look at my google+. All the things I Loved!

I am writing this post to try and break the deadlock, hoping if I at least put pen to paper(well fingertips to keys) tomorrow, I will have inspiration and I will begin to get my creative juices pumping.

In the mean time, any ideas of what to do would be greatly appreciated!



Image by:


2 comments:

  1. Oh, the dreaded bloggers block - yes I've had this a number if times - and I'm having it again at the moment. I think this time of year is a classic time to feel a little tired and uninspired. I'm about to take a little break for a couple of weeks - I find this helps to get the creative juices flowing again. Also, like you said - just write - anything eg you could take a photo and write about it. Hello Wall - The Voice of Sarah Miles, does a weekly linky called Wednesday Witter which you could join in to simply witter about whats been going on for you over the course of the week .... X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because things are a little tricky at the moment, i don't want to write doom and gloom. . .I'm bored of it, let alone anybody else!
      Great to see your having a break, it will do you the world of good. x

      Delete